Oil or gas wells require constant analysis and monitoring to determine if they are operating correctly and effectively. These analyses are not only carried out to increase their production but also to evaluate their daily performance.
Nodal Analysis represents a system to apply that is becoming increasingly relevant in industries due to the benefits it provides. And is that thanks to the correct implementation of it you can accurately determine the performance of all components of the well and determine if its operation is being adequate and if it can be improved.
Nodal Analysis itself is defined as the segmentation of a production system at points or nodes, where pressure changes occur. It is used to effectively evaluate a production system and aims to diagnose the behavior of a well, thus optimizing production.
Below, we present the five reasons why you should become an expert in this method that continues to gain ground as it is used by the large oil industries worldwide to increase their production.
- Estimate the production rate of the well: Effectively implementing a nodal analysis, you will be able to determine how long it takes for the studied well to extract a barrel of oil, being able to observe the possible failures it may have and therefore apply the improvements to optimize it. All this in order to meet the demands in the market.
- Know exact pressure values at different depths: Because the nodal analysis allows us to know exactly what the pressure is like at the different points or nodes of the well, it will also be possible to know if it is deficient or not in any of them.
- It helps you select the appropriate components for the implementation of production optimization: Nodal analysis allows evaluating different conditions of the infrastructure, both on the surface and in the subsoil, to study the real potential of the wells associated with the deposits and the production system. Thanks to its proper execution and in a short period of time you can optimize production.
With the meticulous strategy that can be applied thanks to this method, there will be no loose end, everything is studied, everything is analyzed. The components that make up the complete production system are studied, analyzed and then optimized, and therefore the margin of error or failure of the system would be greatly reduced.
- Reduce planning and operation costs: The role of production engineers, operators or technicians is to maximize production with minimum cost and maximum possible efficiency, which requires a solid understanding of nodal analysis in order to determine and visualize the conditions of oil well operation.
This is one of the most economical and effective methods to get any well-running, both for springs and for wells with an artificial lifting system, and for this reason, it is one of the most widely used.
- Stand out from the rest of the professionals: This reason is more focused on you, as a person. Learning about nodal analysis will open new doors for you and will undoubtedly increase your chances of getting your dream job or simply standing out in the one you already have.
You can train with our online course "Nodal Analysis" provided by our new Academy, where you will understand the principles of nodal analysis, the concepts, the phenomena involved and how they interrelate with the ultimate goal of predicting flows and pressures in the entire system for the production or injection of wells.
The nodal analysis method has been recognized in the oil industry as an appropriate system for the design and evaluation, both in flowing wells and in wells governed by an artificial production lifting system, due to the increasing energy needs and the incentives derived from hydrocarbon prices.
Undoubtedly, it is an advantage to know everything about this method nowadays, since it is one of the most implemented when it comes to optimizing oil or gas wells.