Nowadays, knowing everything related to Nodal Analysis has become a fundamental aspect to study in-depth to operate satisfactorily an oil well and, for that reason, from UPC Global Academy we took on the task of giving you a complete online course in which you will learn everything you need to know about this important topic.
Oil wells require permanent analysis and monitoring to determine if they are operating optimally and efficiently, not only to increase their production but also to evaluate their daily performance. For artificial lift systems, it is necessary to use a nodal analysis together with equipment such as the Echometer to ensure the optimum performance of crude oil wells.
And now, your opportunity has come to take your UPC skills to the next level.
This course aims to understand the principles of nodal analysis, the concepts, the phenomena involved and how they are interrelated with the ultimate goal of predicting flows and pressures throughout the system for the production or injection of wells.
Are you ready to become an expert in Nodal Analysis?
In case you didn't know, nodal analysis is the fundamental method used by production engineers to study and evaluate oil wells. Nodal analysis is a technique to determine the flow condition of a well through two subsystems: "Input and output" defined by a "node" (reference point).
The concepts of nodal analysis apply to natural flow wells, artificial lift wells to injection wells and for this reason, it is important to understand the purpose, the assumptions, the phenomena involved and the limitations of the method.
But why is it important for production engineers, operators and/or technicians to know everything about nodal analysis?
The main role of production engineers, operators and/or technicians is to maximize production with the minimum costs and maximum efficiency possible, which requires a nodal analysis of total understanding in order to determine and visualize the operating conditions of the well. The nodal analysis allows evaluating different infrastructure conditions in the surface or subsurface to study the potential of real well associated with the reservoir and the production system.
Specifically, what will you learn by doing this course?
Upon finishing this course, these will be the objectives you will have achieved:
- Understand the advantages and limitations of Nodal Analysis.
- Understand in detail the IPR curve for both single and multiphase flow.
- Understand in detail the simple and multiphase flow in pipes. How multiphase correlations flow, how they were developed and how they are used.
- Understand how PVT data affects the multiphase flow correlation. Selection and tuning of multiphase flow correlations.
- Select the node location and interpret the input and output curves.
- Apply the interpretation of the nodal analysis for the optimization of the well or the selection of the best scenario.
- Understand in detail the nodal analysis for injection wells.
In order to understand everything that will be exposed in this course you will have to have a series of previous knowledge on the following topics:
- Basic concepts of production and operations.
- Basic concepts of reservoir engineering.
- Basic concepts of general engineering.
- Basic Excel.
With this in mind, we know that you will successfully acquire all the knowledge about Nodal Analysis that you were wanting to obtain and excel in your operations.
Course communication tools that will make everything easier
An email will be used for a standard form of communication with the instructor. In addition, there is a forum for clarifications and questions/answers that arose during the course.
Also, there will be sessions synchronized in real-time through chat and videoconferencing, allowing students to ask questions and teachers answer them instantly. This session will be previously announced by the facilitator.
Let's talk about the evaluation
To obtain the certificate of this course, you must pass an online test with a maximum duration of 60 minutes, which will be activated during a defined date, which will be informed by email to the participant and published in the virtual classroom.
75% is the required approval score, also honorable mention will be made by having a score of 90%. The participant will have two attempts to pass the exam.
It is important to keep in mind that you must have the following technical requirements to be able to complete this course, such as having internet access; desktop computer/laptop/Tablet/Smart Phone or iPad and a set of headphones.
The advantages of doing this course in the online mode will allow you to access the technical content 24/7, download support material and perform learning activities in each module. You will also have the following learning resources:
- Interactive infographics: Through graphic capabilities and web browsers, taking into account that some concepts/processes will be explained better and more deeply.
- Tutorial videos: Multimedia that will reinforce and support the learning step by step.
- Explanatory images: Support for a better visual understanding of some concepts, clarifications, steps, procedures required or emerged during the course.
At UPC Global we take very seriously the ability to teach professionals like you to demonstrate their full potential in the oil industry and be able to succeed in their work. We invite you to visit www.upcglobal.com/academy and find out all the courses we're offering.