Echometer Gas Separator
The Echometer Downhole Improved Collar-Size Gas Separator is installed when a well is operated at low efficiency due to poor natural gas separation or due to an inefficient downhole gas separator.
The Echometer Downhole Improved Collar-Size Gas Separator is installed when a well is operated at low efficiency due to poor natural gas separation or due to an inefficient downhole gas separator. The downhole Improved Collar-Size Gas Separator is used when the downhole pump is placed in the producing zone or above the producing zone. The characteristics of inefficient gas separation can be identified from the downhole pump having incomplete fillage, plus the casing annulus above the pump intake having a high gaseous liquid column.
An acoustic liquid level test is used to indicate a high gaseous liquid column above the pump. In a sucker rod lifted well the analysis from a dynamometer test, performed at the same time as the acoustic liquid level test, is used to identify incomplete pump fillage. Periodic acoustic liquid level tests and dynamometer measurements should be performed to verify that the downhole gas separator is operating efficiently.
Several common improper oil field production practices used to combat poor gas separation that result in high operating cost are:
- Tapping bottom with the pump
- Running the pumping unit at excessive speed
- Operating the pumping unit for excessive periods of time
- Increasing the tubing pressure or increasing the casing pressure.
- Increase oil and gas production
- Improve efficiency of lift system
- Correct artificial lift problems caused by incomplete pump fillage
- Reduce operating cost
- Constructed from carbon steel or stainless steel
- Thin-wall tubing, large ports and minimum lengths to optimize gas separation
- The shipping weight of a 2 7/8"
- Collar-Size Gas Separator is 46 lbs. (25.4 Kg) and ships as one package approximately 5.5 feet long.
- Additional information about dimensions and weights can be supplied depending upon the particular Collar-Size Gas Separator desired.
|Collar-Size EUE, Inch||Liquid Capacity BPD||Weight Lbs|
|2 3/8 (3.0" OD)||230||46|
|2 7/8 (3.75" OD)||415||600|
|3 1/2 (4.5" OD)||52||75|